Tuesday, June 17, 2008

this is how it is

For those interested I now DJ at the Green Room in Kent. The set is called Hot Knees Indie Dance Nights. It is every Thursday from 10-2ish, and Bri and I DJ every other Thursday. Maybe I'll also talk about what we play.

I am all over with this blog. I hope this finally sticks.

I keep using Facebook to make my rants/thoughts/writeups on music. Why not here?

Basically it is pretty fragmented and I don't really talk much about each song/artist/etc but I think people are probably getting sick of my constant notes about one or two songs.

I am still really into Divine by Sebastien Tellier. It has a real charm to it.

Some songs just don't need remixing or touched in any way. One of those is Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode. Rly people. Leave it alone. I can't stand being out dancing and hearing that familiar synth opening then followed by heavy club hits that just...don't fit. As homage I am playing the original this Thursday.

Annie! New fuckin track! Miiiiiiigod! Love it. Annie, I have missed you. I'd post it, but everyone knows about Hype Machine by now.

I think if it wasn't so late I would host/post a couple songs but next time.

Wow on never picking up on The Twelves remix of the Black Kids. I do that often, though.

Oh and that fuckin Girl Talk remix/mashup of Grizzly Bear's the Knife and Wamp Wamp by Clipse is tight as shit. Slow, but I think we need a slow song to cool down for a bit on the floor.

Other good stuff planned for this week. The week Sam finally makes it down I am playing songs special for him. I think I'll do the same when Erika finds a chance to drive from Dayton.

My life is about music and dancing. Not sure how I feel about that.

No comments: