Tuesday, June 24, 2008

feed the summer dance animals

Girl Talk somehow always becomes the soundtrack of my summer. I am going to (gasp!) purchase his pay what you want CD. I figure I got enough play out of the one I got from my brother I owe Girl Talk some money. Plus it is a way of letting him know I really appreciate his remix of The Knife by Grizzly Bear.

I do recently have one small problem with mashups, specifically Girl Talk. Gillis himself has a habit of mixing in uh classic rock songs that really aren't any good, and I don't know many people who like them besides dads and guys who fix cars. But yet you play a mashup of Sweet Child of Mine on the dance floor and everyone goes NUTS. Why? Because it is a song they know, and simply that. They can shout I KNOW THAT SONG and everyone will begrudgingly nod "yes, I know, everyone does" or shout like an idiot "I KNOW MAN ME TOO I KNOW AWESOME!!!!!!!!"

But I still love Girl Talk.

No comments: