Wednesday, January 07, 2009

indie?!?

Pre my electro explosion/implosion, I was really into indie pop. I still am, just, not as often. I still have my love for Of Montreal, despite their winning "Gayest Album of the Year:" Skeletal Lamping. I am not even kidding, that album is gay in many senses. Just not the happy one. Any album that has a song that starts out with "I'm so siiiick of suckin a diiiick" wins Gayest Album in my book.

Back before Kevin Barnes got all wannabe gay (or Fauxmosexual per Boys and Girls Guide to Getting Down), he was only slightly ambiguously gay. Maybe in the cutely bi-curious way. And he wrote albums as good as Coquelicot, Aldhils, or The Bedside Drama.

I am in an older OM mood today, so here is the first track off of Aldhils Aboretum.
Of Montreal - Doing Nothing

Bonus, their cover of Jimmy
Of Montreal - Jimmy

No comments: