Wednesday, October 01, 2008

bands/music/blogging

Lo-Hi-Fnk - where was I on that one? Cute as Cut Copy, not quite as good but cuter. Well, no one can be as good as In Ghost Colours era Cut Copy. If it was Bright Like Neon Love Cut Copy I would have to choose my words more wisely.

You Love Her Coz She's Dead - Too many bands that sounds like Crystal Castles now? I like the one song, tho. You know, the one all the blogs are posting (or I'd assume so).

BLOGHAUS - I feel like there is something fundamentally wrong with me in being obsessed with "indie-electro" ie electro/electroclub/BLOGHOUSE. Seriously, live bands and real instruments do nothing for me anymore. Really, they never did much in the first place. I think I had been waiting all my life for this movement of music. That sounds pretty gay.

MGMT - I kind of don't want to like them anymore just because of what surrounds them. Luckily (for myself) I am not punk.

HIPSTERRUNOFF - Amazing or terrible? I say the former, but what do I know? I am a terrible blogger. I rarely write more than one line and I go through months where I don't write at all.

Justice - A Cross the Universe - Lame? Who gives a fuck? Aside from being embarrassed in my own sex for all the titties flashin all over, it made my heart beat. Same with Soulwax's Part of the Weekend Never Dies (altBro).

I think that's what it is - Electro makes my heart beat. I always was too shy/ashamed to dance and I think it's cos electro never existed. I was never able to dance until now to the only music that doesn't make me look completely derelict when attempting to dance.

Speaking of Crystal Castles, why is their shit exploding, well, has been or did? Chiptunes being hawt? Since when? I know they old news but still. Ppl at HK go nuuuuuts for that shit.

I got a laptop. So I think I can start being a real DJ. I get DJ software Thursday. Along with more musix. Thanks Eric.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm only hear cos I'm looking for Crystal Castles mp3s.

I call that band that tries to be CC You Love Her Cos She's Alice.

glorbis said...

cute.

one day i am actually going to start blogging mp3s. id like a less embarrassing interface first.